I have to say that running it was not my best thing since I grown up. I am more with weights and stretching kind a girl :).
What I`ve bee noticing is that when I tend to stop for about 4-5 months from regular running going back again it seemed harder then I thought. I started up small and now I am making progress and am running with a community. Hopefully marathons are coming 🙂
I found that doing low lunge it really help me increase my running speed and endurance by stretching the hips and glutes and strengthen the hamstrings, quads , legs.
Run faster and lighter as you master Runner`s Pose:
~~”From Tadasana or Mountain Pose, fold over your legs and bring your hands to the ground. Step one leg back to a low lunge and drop your back knee and keep your back toes tucked.
- Your front knee should be stacked over your ankle, making a 90 degree angle.
- Make sure that you are resting on the fleshy part of your quad above your kneecap and not directly on your kneecap itself. You can also place a blanket or fold your mat over to provide more cushioning under your knee.
- Square your hips to the front of your mat.
- Lengthen your tailbone down towards the mat while you lift up your lower abdominals. This should help bring your pelvis into a neutral position. Don’t tuck your tailbone.
- Start to move your hips forward. You can rest your hands on your hips or front thigh or raise them up towards the sky.
- Hold for 5-8 breaths. Repeat on the other side. “~~
Source : LoveLifeSurf